InformationFrequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
What should we wear to the shoot?
After you have booked and paid the deposit for your session, I will send you a Session Prep Guide outlining how to prepare for a successful session. This will provide you with detailed guidance e.g. what to wear.
What Covid-19 health and safety measures do you have in place in your studio?
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER
Your healt and safety are my priority. As a newborn and family photographer I have always maintained a clean and sanitised studio, but with this epidemic it is necessary to put even stricter measures in place.
- Hygiene measures for both photographer and clients, such as washing hands and sanitising regularly, wearing a face mask, shoes removed before entering and maintaining social distancing are now part of my day-to-day business routine.
- Studio and props are deep-cleaned before and after every session; all props and fabrics are sanitised (no outside props allowed).
- I limit the number of sessions I take per week.
- Photographer and clients must be without illness for 72 hours prior to the session, otherwise we will have to reschedule.
- Checking everybody’s temperature prior to the photo session to ensure that no one has a fever.
- If any immediate family member is unwell or has travelled abroad or been in contact with anyone at risk, please let me know so we can reschedule.
- Being the sole photographer working from my home studio helps to lower the risk of contracting any viruses.
- Only immediate family members to attend sessions – parents, baby and siblings.
- Newborn sessions: please plan for older children to be collected after the portraits. Siblings and family photos will be done at the beginning of the session. If this is not an option for your family, please let me know beforehand.
If you have any concerns, please contact me so we can work through them together.
What is not allowed at the sessions?
No camera or cell phone pictures to be taken. I like to keep the setups and processes a little secret until I can process the images to reveal for your sneak peek and gallery. Thank you for understanding.
When will I receive my images?
Photos from your gallery will be carefully selected by the photographer.
I will post a sneak peek on my Facebook and Instagram accounts within two days. You are free to use this image as your profile or cover photo, but please remember never to crop or alter the image or watermark, as Chapters by Ani Photography retains the copyright.
Once all your images are edited within three weeks, I will forward them to your email address. These images are delivered in HD (high definition), allowing you to print optimally, even in large formats.
This file can be shared with as many people as you like.
High quality prints and canvases are available to order from your gallery. Your prints and canvases will be delivered right to your home.
Can we order canvases, albums and prints from Chapters by Ani?
Yes absolutely, I will send you a Chapters by Ani Product Guide, filled with incredible products you will just love!
Payments and cancellations
Please refer to the Investment page. This will also be discussed in full in the Welcome Guide I will send you when answering your inquiry.
Privacy and copyright
- Chapters by Ani Photography retains the copyright for all images taken. However, I understand and respect your right to the privacy of photographs of yourselves and your children. I am therefore always sensitive when sharing the images on social media.
- Although Chapters by Ani Photography grants the right for you to print your photos, I retain the copyright for all the images.
- No personal information given will be shared with any outside source and is protected and held private.
- All clients must sign a Contract and Model Release Form before their session.
Can you fix any skin disorders?
Small blemishes, pimples and scratches can easily be fixed in post-production. We do not remove birthmarks unless requested to.
What if my baby or child doesn’t co-operate and you don’t get any good pictures?
I know how unpredictable kids can be, and sometimes a temper tantrum is inevitable. When this happens, we will simply take a little break, allow you to calm your child down by talking/feeding/playing and then take the appropriate steps to ease back into the session. I will never force photos or send you on your way.
I always get the shot, even with a crying baby or unhappy toddler. I might just have to try a bit longer and harder.
When you or your baby or child is ill.
Please do NOT bring a baby or child who is ill to the studio.
- The photos might not be very successful if your baby or child is not feeling well.
- Tiny babies visit the studio daily and their immune systems are still developing.
- Please contact me as soon as possible if you notice that you or your baby or child is ill so that we can reschedule.